A.I.D. Logo Associated Industrial Distributors
  • 800-351-4230
  • US Orders over $100 Ship Free!
  • 8am - 4:30pm Central Time - Monday through Friday
  • rivet rivet


    Hi John I have a personal watercraft and two bolts from my motor mounts broke off during removal and I need a drill bit that can drill into the metal bolt so I can put a self tapping bolt a little thinner into the metal thats left do you have a bit for me ? and a recommened stainless steel bolt that will hold this mount in place?

    write back RYan
    - Ryan



    The 1st thing I would try is a Left Handed HSS Jobber length drill bit, by the bit spinning backwards (left) it will drill the hole you need for the easy out, but because it is turning the way the bolt unscrews it might unscrew it at the same time.

    The link bellow takes you to the left handed drill bits

    JIT:link-class:jl-usa-lh-frac: Not found
    - John
    See All of John's Q&A
    Generated in 0.009 seconds