A.I.D. Logo Associated Industrial Distributors
  • 800-351-4230
  • US Orders over $100 Ship Free!
  • 8am - 4:30pm Central Time - Monday through Friday
  • rivet rivet


    I have a boat trailer which uses 3" x 5" rubber keel rollers with a 1/2" BOLT. They are no longer made with 1/2" holes so I want to enlarge the hole in the metal bracket to accept a 5/8" bolt. Can I drill out the 1/2" hole or can I ream it out? The material is 1/8" thick. Alternately, I would get a sleeve to insert in the new roller to reduce the hole from 5/8" to 1/2" but where can I get such a sleeve (roller is 5" long). Thanks for any advice you can supply.
    - keith T


    I Have the perfect product for you.

    5/8" construction reamer.

    This will enlarge you hole for you perfectly. A tapered reamer will do what you need.
    - John
    See All of John's Q&A
    Generated in 0.008 seconds