A.I.D. Logo Associated Industrial Distributors
  • 800-351-4230
  • US Orders over $100 Ship Free!
  • 8am - 4:30pm Central Time - Monday through Friday
  • rivet rivet


    I have an application that requires me to drill through automotive grade hardened steel bolts. I tried the standard craftsman cobalt drill bits but they did not work. I've been told that I need a solid tungsten carbide drill bit. Is this true and if so, where can I buy them from your site? I didn't see any carbide bits listed. If I recall correctly, I need a 3/16 diameter bit.
    - rami



    You need this bit , it is made for doing exactly what you are needing.

    You will see it on this link.

    Jobbers - Carbide Tipped
    - John
    See All of John's Q&A
    Generated in 0.009 seconds